B2B EXTENDED WARRANTY
Extended Warranty B2B - Terms and Conditions
Applicable to Products purchased after November 9, 2020
1. Logitech shall extend the standard warranty period applicable to designated hardware products (“Products”) manufactured by Logitech (“Extended Warranty”). This Extended Warranty does not apply to third-party products or components. Those components manufactured by Logitech included with a Product are covered by the Extended Warranty applicable to the relevant Product, excluding components sold separately and consumables.
2. Purchase of the Extended Warranty will entitle the business customer acquiring a Product for its own use (i.e. not for commercial resale) ( “End Customer”) to a warranty term beyond the applicable standard warranty period, corresponding to the extension of time selected as set forth in the applicable purchase order. Consumers are not eligible to purchase the Extended Warranty.
3. The Extended Warranty may only be purchased at the time of Product purchase or within 30 days of the purchase date of the relevant Product. If a purchase order for an Extended Warranty is received after said period, Logitech may at its discretion decline to accept the purchase order.
4. These Extended Warranty B2B Terms and Conditions (“Extended Warranty Terms”) are in addition to the standard Logitech Limited Hardware Warranty, which is expressly incorporated herein by reference and remains in full force. To the extent there is any conflict between (i) the Extended Warranty Terms and the Logitech Limited Hardware Warranty, the Extended Warranty Terms will take precedence; (ii) the Extended Warranty Terms and digital or printed materials, the Extended Warranty Terms will take precedence.
5. Upon expiration of the standard warranty period, this Extended Warranty will result in continuation of coverage under the warranty terms, equal to the time extension purchased. Logitech’s acceptance of a warranty claim is subject to the conditions set forth in the Logitech Limited Hardware Warranty. Upon Logitech approval of an Extended Warranty claim, Logitech may at its option: (i) repair or replace the Product with the same Product or that of an equivalent value. In certain cases, where the components required to repair or replace the same model become no longer available, Logitech may replace the Product with the newest model of equivalent value; or (ii) provide a refund. The refund for a defective Product shall be calculated as the price, excluding VAT, paid by End Customer for the Product provided that (a) reasonable account shall be taken of the value of the use of the defective Product between the time of the purchase and the refund, and (b) the refund amount shall never exceed the fair market value of the the Product. The value calculated by Logitech is final, binding and not subject to dispute. Any replacement hardware product will be warranted for the remainder of the warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer.
6. All rights under the Extended Warranty will be terminated or forfeited and no purchase price or fees will be refunded if the End Customer elects to return a non defective unit or opts for a credit note covering a defective unit instead of submitting a warranty request to Logitech.
7. End Customer shall carry out the actions and comply with the procedures set out in this section:
- ensure information in the Warranty Extension confirmation document is correct, and each Serial Number aligns with the Serial Number on the applicable covered Product. Any discrepancy shall be reported to Logitech support within thirty (30) days.
- exclusively contact Logitech support by phone, email or any other method as indicated by Logitech if a defect occurs in a Product
- provide Logitech with information about the Product model and Serial Number, the purchase date, a detailed description of the issue as well as any other information reasonably required by Logitech.
- upon request, provide Logitech with a copy of the proof of purchase of the Product indicating the date of purchase and the Serial Number
- upon request, provide Logitech with a copy of the proof of purchase of the Extended Warranty.
8. The Extended Warranty is limited to a time extension of the standard Logitech Limited Hardware Warranty from the original purchase date of the relevant Product. THIS EXTENDED WARRANTY IS A NON-INSURANCE, SUPPLEMENTAL WARRANTY EXTENDING THE DURATION OF THE STANDARD WARRANTY. It does not cover, either expressly or implied, any additional or different circumstances other than the defects in material and workmanship covered under the standard Logitech Limited Hardware Warranty. All warranty exclusions provided for in the Logitech Limited Hardware Warranty apply to this Extended Warranty. Accordingly, additional circumstances such as accidental or incidental damage, indirect damage, loss, theft, mishandling or misuse are excluded from the coverage.
9. These Terms and Conditions are entered into by: (i) Logitech Inc. if End Customer purchased the Product in North America and/or from a reseller in North America; (ii) by Logitech Europe SA if End Customer purchased the Product in EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa) and/or from a reseller established in EMEA; (iii) by Logitech Asia Pacific Limited if End Customer purchased the Product in Asia Pacific and/or from a reseller established in Asia Pacific (collectively, “Logitech”).
10. Logitech reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time.